[ibis-macro] There is clearly misunderstanding on the existing AMI Flow, ...

  • From: "Walter Katz" <wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "IBIS-ATM" <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 16:31:41 -0400

All,

Based on the e-mails on the reflector, it is clear that there is confusion
on the flows that are currently supported in IBIS AMI 5.0, and how 5.0
models can support either just statistical, just time domain, or both
statistical and time domain analysis.

We all need to sit back, relax, and listen to, understand, and discuss ?An
AMI Overview?, AMI_Flows_3W, AMI_Flows_3A, and Kumar?s promised
presentation.

We also have to remember that there are now a large number of IC Vendor
release models that will need to be supported, or easily converted to any
changes in the AMI syntax. It was and will continue to be my intent that all
existing models will require no changes to the DLL, and possibly minimal
changes to the ASCII .ami file.

So if we are going to make any changes to the flow we have to insure that
the existing models will not be affected in other then possible trivial
changes to the AMI file.

So far, the only possible case might, so far, are models that have
GetWave_Exists=True, and Use_Init_Output=True.

I have already asked all of the members of the IBIS-ATM subcommittee if they
knew of any such models. We are actively reviewing these changes with IC
Vendors to identify any model, if any, that will be affected.

303.449-2308
Mobile 720.333-1107
wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx
www.sisoft.com