[ibis-macro] Re: Table usage

  • From: Mike Steinberger <msteinb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 13:28:38 -0500

 Kumar-

Almost, but not quite. Please give each row a name.

Thanks.
Mike S.

On 09/30/2010 01:26 PM, ckumar wrote:
a single row table can be passed as

(name a11 a12 a13)

multi rows

(name (a11 a12 a13) (b11 b12 b13))

On Thu, 30 Sep 2010 12:31:37 -0400, "Walter Katz"<wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Ken,

A Table, by definition, supports multiple rows. How would you pass the
following?

(abc (Usage In) (Type Float) (Format Table (10.1 20.2 30.3) (1. 2. 3.)
(4.
5. 6.)) (Description "Table example"))

It is this case that makes Format Table as a Usage In, InOut or Out
parameter problematic, and not defined, or allowed in the IBIS 5.0
definition of the AMI_parameters_in or AMI_parameters_out string
definition.

We need to pass similar types of data into the DLL's that we write; we
chose
to do this in the following manner:

(abc (Usage In) (Type String) (Format Value "10.1 20.2 30.3")
(Description
"Alternative example"))

Here is what it looks like when being passed to the DLL:

(abc "10.1 20.2 30.3")

Your method satisfies all of the rules defined in pages 186 and 187, as
long
as the Table only contains one row.

I think there are the following options:

1.      Allow a Format Table to have Usage In (or InOut, or Out), but require
that such a Table have only one Row.
2.      Require that Format Table has (Usage Info)

Option 1 requires some work by all of the other EDA vendors, and a
clarification to the definition of Format Table.
Option 2 requires some work by Sigrity, and a clarification to the
definition of Format Table.

Does anyone have any other (preferably better) ideas?

303.449-2308
Mobile 303.883-2120
wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx
www.sisoft.com

Following up from the last call, here is an example of Table being used
in
an AMI file:

(abc (Usage In) (Type Float) (Format Table (10.1 20.2 30.3))
(Description
"Table example"))

Here is what it looks like when being passed to the DLL:

(abc 10.1 20.2 30.3 )

Thanks,

Ken Willis
Sigrity, Inc.