[ibis-macro] Re: Table Clarification BIRD

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "IBIS-ATM" <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 11:54:21 -0700

If I remember correctly, we spent a considerable time

on this topic in the last ATM teleconference.  In that

discussion I think I heard Walter state something

along the lines of who cares, the EDA tool just copies

everything to the parameter string for DLL and doesn't

need to know whether the first column is a row number

or useful data.

Then the question was raised, how about (Usage Info)

in which case the table is to be consumed by the tool,

and in that case the tool would have to know what the

first column is.

This brought us to the topic of syntax consistency and

ease of parsing, etc...

But this also raises another issue, namely whether the

Model_Specific parameters should ever be (Usage Info).

Note that this is not a problem with Reserved_Parameters,

which supposed to be well defined in the spec.

Comments?