[ibis-macro] Re: Table Clarification BIRD

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "IBIS-ATM" <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 10:48:12 -0700

Walter,

Thanks for the proposal.  I have a few questions, and comments.

1st paragraph:  "...consists of one or more than one rows of data..."

needs to be fixed - bad English.

"Reserved" and "Reserved Parameter" (later) should be spelled

"Reserved_Parameters" everywhere.

"Model Specific" should have an underscore between the two words

everywhere.

At the end of the 1st paragraph there is a dangling close parentheses

which should probably be removed.

2nd paragraph:  You say that the description in the text of the

specification will explain what the type and usage of each column

is.  Are you saying that (Type xxx) and (Usage yyy) are not

going to be used (required) in the Reserved_Parameters Table

syntax?  (This would be rather inconsistent with the existing

rules...)

If these will be still required, this text in the BIRD has to be

revised.  Also, if these will be required, what is the type of a

Table in which each column is a different type, like in your

jitter example:  Integer, UI and Float?  (Or what if we have a

table with Integer, String, Boolean, Float in its four columns)?

Will there be multiple (Type xxx) leaves required then?  This

would contradict one of the new rules we just put in one of the

recent BIRDs which prevents any repetition of the same leaf...

3rd paragraph:  Should we describe under what circumstances the

Out or InOut parameters will be returned in AMI_parameters_out

of AMI_Init or AMI_GetWave (or even possibly both)?  I really

do not like to leave such lose ends in the specification...

1st example:  What would be put in the AMI_parameters_in sting

if this example was a (Usage In)?

2nd example:  Why should the simulator ignore the (Type Float)?

This is not explained anywhere, not in the main body of the text

or in the example.  Is it only ignored in the 2nd example, or

all Model_Specific examples, or also in the Reserved_Parameters

example?

I think I forgot to put the double quotes around "myRow" and

"yourRow" as I was editing Ambrish's draft during the ATM meeting

yesterday.  Please put them in to comply with the string rules

spelled out in one of our recent BIRDs.

So much for now...