[ibis-macro] Re: Survey Results.

  • From: David Banas <DBanas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'twesterh@xxxxxxxxxx'" <twesterh@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'ibis-interconn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <ibis-interconn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 11:02:40 -0800

Hi all,

Would you be so kind as to respond to these survey questions?
If you'll respond privately, that would avoid affecting others' thinking,
before they've responded.
And, I will volunteer to tabulate the results and report them back
(anonymously, of course) to the group, in the form of histograms, so that we
can really get a picture of how divided we are on these questions. I think that
awareness might be very helpful in moving forward.

Thanks!

Question 1)
Which point in a serial communication link is the output of Tx GetWave()
assumed to be representative of?

A)     The input to the analog channel.

B)      The output of the analog channel.

C)      It used to depend upon the setting of the Use_Init_Output parameter,
but since that has been deprecated the answer to your question is now
indeterminate.

D)     It doesn't matter, and we can tell you why.

E)      It doesn't matter, but we can't tell you why, for fear of losing a
competitive advantage.

F)      Other. (Please, explain below.)

Question 2)
Is section 10 of IBIS v5.1 a normative part of the standard, which must be
followed, or an informational appendix only, intended to provide one possible
example of the AMI flow?