[ibis-macro] Re: Summary and recomendations regarding Analog Buffer Modeling discussion (Tstonefile, ...)

  • From: Taranjit Kukal <kukal@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx" <wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx>, IBIS-ATM <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 01:52:50 +0530

Hi Walter,
So BIRD144 had two main proposals:

1. Direct touchstone instantiation
2. User-defined corners for s-parameters

Looks like item 1) is being agreed upon so we need a comprehensive BIRD that
covers 116, 122 and 144 (item1) so it is not a total rejection of bird144 :)

Having said this, I personally do not agree with having a solution that is AMI
centric for s-parameter selection. BIRD144-item2 makes s-parameter usage more
generic and it would have allowed working with external circuit/model
with/without AMI. AMI file should be limited to parameters that c-code needs to
access and not get into pointing to those files that represent buffer portions
that have nothing to do with c-code ....but then I leave this to decision of
ATM group

cheers
..kukal