[ibis-macro] Slide 11 - Vendor / Tool / Language possibilities

  • From: "Todd Westerhoff (twesterh)" <twesterh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 22:14:11 -0500

Does anyone mind if I just delete the "substitution" column on this
slide?  The other columns are very clear, but others have pointed out
(and I agree) that "substitution" column is murky
    - does it indicate the potential that the vendor could use this
method?
    - does it indicate the vendor intends to use this method?
    - does it indicate the vendor has already implemented this method?

Seems to me we could add the column back at a future date, assuming some
vendors have implemented the method as prescribed.

Todd.

Todd Westerhoff
High Speed Design Group Manager
Cisco Systems
1414 Massachusetts Ave
Boxboro, MA   01719
email:twesterh@xxxxxxxxx
ph: 978-936-2149
"Always do right.
 This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."

- Mark Twain