[ibis-macro] Re: Samples_per_bit question

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 22:31:39 +0000

Kumar,

1) True, but why do you want to put even more software into the
models when it makes the model maker's life harder?  Again, I
am not proposing this parameter to let the model makers get by
with lower quality models, I am proposing it so they are forced
to document what their model can do, and thereby remind them to
the fact that their code should be checked in this sense also...

2) Regarding: "So I do not buy the argument that models can be
somehow be week in software" but they are, it is a fact.

Don't forget that the purpose of live for IC vendors and model
makers is not to develop fancy software for their models.  They
want to design, manufacture and ship products.