[ibis-macro] Revised Backchannel BIRD

  • From: Ambrish Varma <ambrishv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 16:21:04 -0700

Hi All,
The latest version of the Backchannel BIRD (draft 7) has been uploaded on the
ATM website and is available here:
http://www.vhdl.org/ibis/macromodel_wip/archive/20140314/ambrishvarma/Backchannel%20support%20BIRD%20147%20draft%207/Backchannel_BIRD147_Draft7.docx
Or
http://tinyurl.com/bcibird7
The major changes in this version include the following.
I have removed the possibility of defining Bits in anything but binary values
as that is the fundamental notation for bits. This will remove a lot of present
and future confusion about how Bits are to be defined.
I have also described how to generate PRBS using a particular implementation of
the LFSR.
Other editorial changes and fixes are also included in this version.

Thanks to Vladimir, Arpad and Bob for sending me feedback and working with me
on improving this.

Please let me know if there are any questions.

Thanks,
Ambrish.

Ambrish Varma.
Cadence Design Systems.