[ibis-macro] Re: Resolving a discrepancy

  • From: "Walter Katz" <wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>, "IBIS-ATM" <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 17:01:45 -0400

Arpad,

I have to restate what I had already stated in
Section_AMI_Reserved_Parameters_2010_03_16.doc that was distributed to this
committee on 3/15/2010 (enclosed). I am also enclosing
Section_AMI_Language_2010_03_16.doc again. If you look at pages 4-6, you
will see a detailed explanation of how I think Default and Format (Allowed
Value Method) should interact.

|              Use_Init_Output:
|
|              Use_Init_Output is of usage Info and type Boolean.  It
|              tells the EDA platform if it needs to combine the output of
|              AMI_Init with the waveform. If the model AMI_GetWave is False
|              the value of Use_Init_Ouput parameter must be True.
|              If Use_Init_Output=True in a Tx model with an AMI_GetWave,
then the
|              output of the Tx AMI_GetWave needs to be convolved with the
output of Tx
|              AMI_Init, instead of convolved with the impulse response of
the channel
|              alone. If Use_Init_Output=True in a Tx model without an
AMI_GetWave, then the
|              output of the Tx stimulus waveform must be convolved with an
impulse response
|              that contains both the channel and the output of AMI_INIT.
|              AMI_GetWave needs to be convolved with the output of Tx
|              AMI_Init, instead of convolved with the impulse response of
the channel
|              alone. Use_Init_Output=True in an Rx model with an
AMI_GetWave, then the
|              input to the Rx AMI_GetWave needs to be convolved with the
filter only
|              component of the output of Rx AMI_Init. If Use_Init_Output is
not
|              specified in the .ami file then it is assumed to be False.
|              Usage and Type are optional for Use_Init_Output.
|              Allowed-Values must be Value.
|              Examples of Use_Init_Output declaration is:
|               (Use_Init_Output (Usage Info)(Type Boolean) (Value True))
|               (Use_Init_Output (Value False))

303.449-2308
Mobile 720.333-1107
wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx