[ibis-macro] Request Kumar prepare detailed flow diagrams

  • From: "Walter Katz" <wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "IBIS-ATM" <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 08:37:18 -0400

Kumar,

You have now suggested that AMI models that have approximate LTI models
(from Init), and more accurate non-LTI models using GetWave should be split
into two DLL?s. One that does Init only, and one that has a GetWave and Init
returns not modified impulse response.

If this is what you think we should be doing, then please prepare a
presentation, which gives the flow for the three possible Tx implementations
(Init only, GetWave, and both Init only and GetWave DLLs) with each of the
similarly three Tx model configurations.

In addition to graphically showing the data flow diagrams for these 9
possible combinations, you must show the data flow for each of these 9
combinations of model configurations applied to a waveform generated
externally for Spice, AMS, sampling, or other simulation method.

On Tuesday, after discussing the document ?An AMI Overview?, Arpad and I
will review the data flow diagrams that Arpad prepared base on the current
AMI 5.0 flow (AMI_Flows_3W), and the current AMI 5.0 flow that allows a
model to return the impulse response of just the filter (AMI_Flows_3A).
After these presentations, I request that you present the flow diagrams for
your proposal.

303.449-2308
Mobile 720.333-1107
wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx