[ibis-macro] Regarding IBIS-AMI

  • From: Yagya Dutt Mishra <ygdutt86.2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 13:55:21 +0530

Hello Everyone

1) I have just downloaded the IBIS-AMI toolkit.
 I am unable to understand the code of the receiver part (provided by cadence)
 I would really appreciated if I get the explanation of how the
 finite tap DFE is coded and if suppose there is a 10b/8b decoder
present in the   receiver side , should i have to write the code of
decoder too.Because once the DSP blocks in the receiver side becomes
too complex , it would be really a tough work to write the Algorithmic
model by hand.

2) Description of functions AMI-init() , AMI_getwave and AMI_close()
and other important variables in Ver 5.0 doc are too confusing.
Please can one give a little bit easier explanation about how
these functions are read by the EDA tool and the memory allocation.

3) Since the data which is being transmitted is digital ( i.e in
1000100010100 form ) how can impulse response of equalizer is coming
in the picture..

I would really appreciate if somebody can help me in these questions.I
have just started reading AMI and i am unable to get the perfect idea
how and what to mention in the receiver and transmitter code.

--
Yagya Dutt Mishra
B.Tech Final Year