[ibis-macro] Re: RX Optimization

  • From: Todd Westerhoff <twesterh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gedlund@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 13:45:03 -0500 (EST)

Greg,

RX self-optimization (as opposed to TX/RX co-optimizartion) can happen in
either Init or Getwave (i.e. during either impulse response or waveform
processing). For the optimization to be correct, the input to the RX model must
reflect what the RX will actually see (i.e. include the TX EQ, as you say).

Note that true adaptive equalization (i.e. equalization that changes from bit
to bit) can only be modeled in Getwave.

Todd.

VP, Software Products
Signal Integrity Software Inc. • www.sisoft.com
6 Clock Tower Place • Suite 250 • Maynard, MA 01754
(978) 461-0449 x24 • twesterh@xxxxxxxxxx
“ I want to live like that”
-Sidewalk Prophets