[ibis-macro] Re: Questions on CornerRange BIRD draft

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "IBIS-ATM" <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 16:14:49 -0700

Walter,

I totally disagree with you...

"Why do we need to add anything else?"

Exactly because of the word "most" on pg. 174:

"For most [Model] keyword data, the "min" column describes slow,

weak performance, and the "max" column describes the fast, strong

performance."

Note that towards the bottom of pg. 174 the spec says:

| The "min" and "max" columns for all remaining keywords and
subparameters

| will contain the smallest and largest magnitude values. This applies
to the

| [Model] subparameter C_comp as well ...

| C_comp is considered an independent variable...

This is the reason I disagree with you.  C_comp is a pretty important

part of the analog model and its corner conditions.  If we don't know

what its min/max values mean in terms of slow/fast, how are you going

to make an association between the AMI slow/fast corners and the analog

models' slow/fast corners?

Sincerely,

==