[ibis-macro] Re: Question on dividing up the Tx behavior between the AMI and analog portions of the model

  • From: Scott McMorrow <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: twesterh@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 14:05:50 -0500

Good response Todd.

The following are things to look out for in correlation.

   - short channels with low loss and high return loss.
      - If you correlate with poorly terminated channels, or channels with
      built-in high-Q discontinuities, then the lack of correct analog modeling
      is readily seen.
   - In-package NEXT and FEXT is amplified by increased return loss.
      - Tx-Tx, Rx-Rx, and Tx-Rx crosstalk correlation can easily see 3 dB
      or more error when analog filtering is not modeled correctly.
   - Jitter will be affected significantly.
      - 8ps jitter mismatch may not seem like much, but that's 8% of a 10G
      channel, and 20% of a 25G channel.

--

Scott McMorrow
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC

(401) 284-1840 Fax

http://www.teraspeed.com

Teraspeed® is the registered service mark of
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC

GIF image