[ibis-macro] Re: Question on Value/Default BIRD

  • From: Bob Ross <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2010 20:30:39 -0700

Arpad:

Based on the stated and agreed upon syntax rules, Usage and
Type are always required.  No defaults are needed.  Format always
requires an argument starting with a word from the list: Value, Range,
List, Corner, Increment, Steps, Table, Gaussian, Dual-Dirac, DjRj. No
default exists for Format.

So the default statements for Usage, Type and Format should be deleted.

Bob

Muranyi, Arpad wrote:
 > Similarly, on pg. 140 I also see this:
 >
 > | Type: (default is Float)
 >
 > which implies that Type may not be present at all times,
 > i.e. it is optional.  But the statement on pg. 144 seems
 > to imply that it is required:
 >
 > |                                       ... All reserved
 > | parameters must be in the following format:
 > |
 > | (parameter_name (Usage <usage>)(Type <data_type>)
 > | (Default <values>) (Description <string>))
 >
 > Arpad

Bob Ross
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC     Teraspeed Labs
121 North River Drive              13610 SW Harness Lane
Narragansett, RI 02882             Beaverton, OR 97008
401-284-1827                       503-430-1065
http://www.teraspeed.com           503-246-8048 Direct
bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Teraspeed is a registered service mark of Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC