[ibis-macro] Re: Question about GetWave_Exists

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 'IBIS-ATM' <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 23:42:23 +0000

Ambrish,

Even though I tend to agree with you, I wonder
what was the purpose of putting this parameter
into the AMI specification.

The reason I wonder is because any programmer
skillful in the art knows how to obtain the
entry points to the functions in a DLL, i.e.
they can figure it out programmatically whether
the function exists or not, and if they are
careful programmers, they will not call the
function if the pointer to it is a null...

Having that in mind, who is this information in
the .ami file targeted to, and for what purpose?