[ibis-macro] Re: Private copy of BIRD100.2 for rewiev

  • From: Bob Ross <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arpad.muranyi@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 12:13:26 -0800

Arpad:

Yes, even though unrelated, that is an editorial correction
we missed in the 4.1 release.

This type of change falls under the loose category of editorial
discretion regarding editorial errors, punctuation, spelling,
inconsistencies, etc. and we would make the change without
any BIRD.  But since you "touch" this area, you should just
clean it up to ease the process.  (a_gnd and a_extref is
syntactically incorrect and would be flagged as a parser error.)

Bob

Bob

Muranyi, Arpad wrote:
Bob,

I agree, but I didn't think that changing "!" to "|"
would be controversial...  I could see that changing
"a_gnd", etc... to "A_gnd", etc...  might result in
discussion...

So do you want me o change those too, or leave them
as is?

From: Bob Ross [mailto:bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Friday, January 13, 2006 11:59 AM
To: milabont@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: Muranyi, Arpad; ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ibis-macro] Re: Private copy of BIRD100.2 for rewiev

Arpad:

The only caution is that minor changes should be pointed
out.  One quick editorial change is to replace a_gnd and
a_extref with A_gnd and A_extref, if it is not too late.

However, there is always a risk that a minor editorial change
is controversial.

Bob

Mike LaBonte (milabont) wrote:

No objection, go for it!