[ibis-macro] Pre-emphasis buffer template with macro library

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <arpad.muranyi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 15:37:17 -0700

Hello everyone,

Here comes the long awaited template I promised in
our last meeting that I would send to the group.

This is essentially the same pre-emphasis buffer
I showed in my IBIS Summit Presentation last summer,
except that his is now based on the building blocks of
our Verilog-A macro model library.  The block diagram
of the template can be found on p. 12 of the presentation:
http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/summits/jun05/muranyi.pdf

The attachments are actually .ZIP files, I just
had to rename them to get them through the mailer.
Please change their extension back to .ZIP.

The "PreDeTemplate.zip" file contains a complete
set of files for HSPICE.  The top level .SP file
provides the stimulus, supply and load for the
buffer.  The "PreDeMacro.va" file in the "AMS_files"
directory is the "template" which calls the elements
from the library file "IBIS_macro_library.va".
If you want to see what the waveforms are when
the buffer is driven by a 10101 or 111000111
pattern, you can switch the two PULSE sources
in the top level .SP file.

I am also including another "release of the day"
.ZIP file with the usual test suite and the library
because in the process of preparing the template I
discovered a few mistakes (bugs) in the IBIS buffer
building blocks in the library, which are now fixed
in this version.  (The library appears in both .ZIP
files, but they are identical).

As usual, any comments are welcome, and enjoy!