[ibis-macro] Re: Pre/de emphasis buffer model

  • From: "Paul Fernando" <prfernan@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: arpad.muranyi@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 19:08:36 -0500 (EST)

Arpad,

Thanks for the clarifications. My understanding has improved considerably.

Now I understand how the CCCS's scale the tap currents; although it does
require the
model writer to know the tap coeffs, which might be a down side since he'll
need a high
level model of the design to get those values... unless he approximates it
based on the
W/L ratios.

I can also see how the following lines read the IV & VT tables as part of the
instantiation. The problem is that the zip file I got doesn't have
"IV_data_no_ODT.dat"
& "VT_data_no_ODT.dat". Could you please send me these files or something
similar?
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// These lines show how to pass IV and Vt tables into the IBIS_IO model
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
//`include "IV_data_no_ODT.dat"
//`include "VT_data_no_ODT.dat"

//  IBIS_IO  #(`IV_data, `VT_data) PosM  (PUref,   PDref,   IOp, InD,  EnD,
RcvPM,
PCref,   GCref);
//  IBIS_IO  #(`IV_data, `VT_data) NegM  (PUref,   PDref,   IOn, InNM, EnD,
RcvNM,
PCref,   GCref);
//  IBIS_IO  #(`IV_data, `VT_data) PosB  (PUrefPB, PDrefPB, IOp, InPB, EnD,
RcvPB,
PCrefPB, GCrefPB);
//  IBIS_IO  #(`IV_data, `VT_data) NegB  (PUrefNB, PDrefNB, IOn, InNB, EnD,
RcvNB,
PCrefNB, GCrefNB);
////                                      PUref,   PDref,   IO,  In,   En,
Rcv,
PCref,   GCref
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the IBIS to Verilog-A converter, I understand its purpose now. I guess a
starting
point would be to create a script that create files like "IV_data_no_ODT.dat" &
"VT_data_no_ODT.dat" (in the above example) using an IBIS model as the input.
So basically, the model writer is expected to model the primary driver in IBIS
and
provide it to the IBIS to Verilog-A converter. Right?

As for data that must be passed as part of the instantiation process, are they
all the
parameters in the IBIS_IO model? (C_comp, Vinh, Vinl, V_pc_ref, V_pu_ref,
V_pd_ref,
V_gc_ref, IV & VT tables etc.)

Regards,
Paul