[ibis-macro] Re: Parameter passing idea

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "IBIS-ATM" <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 15:52:13 -0700

Ambrish,

I am not sure if requiring the parameter file name to be the
same as the executable file name is a good idea, because I
can see situations when the same executable file may be
used with different sets of parameters.  But we could
eliminate the second subparameter by putting the parameter
file name after the executable file name separated by at
least one white space.  This syntax would also match the
external model/circuit corner subparameter syntax where
the entity(architecture) or module name follows the .vhd
or .va file names.  This is what that would look like:

[Algorithmic Model]
Executable  Windows_VisualStudio_32  example_rx.dll
ParameterFileName.ami

This would allow each executable to have its own independent
parameter file association.