[ibis-macro] Parameter passing idea

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "IBIS-ATM" <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 11:21:37 -0700

I was wondering about the parameter passing alternatives
and thought of something that may be better than what we
left off with in the last IBIS-ATM meeting.  Instead of
using a two-keyword approach, something like this:

[Algorithmic Model <modelName>]
[Model Parameter <ParameterFileName>]

I thought we could perhaps do a single keyword approach
in which we give the parameter file name as an argument
to the algorithmic model call, something like this:

[Algorithmic Model <modelName(ParameterFileName)>]

The rule would be to have one (or no) argument to the
ModelName() and this argument would always be a file
name that holds all the parameters.

Any comments?

By the way, we have already done this with the IBIS Macro
Library's IBIS buffer models and the accompanying Perl
script which extracts the IV and Vt data from the IBIS
file for them.  (Ambrish, who wrote the Perl script is
very familiar with this concept...)