[ibis-macro] Re: Out-InOut BIRD draft 12

  • From: "Bob Miller" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "bob.miller" for DMARC)
  • To: "Muranyi, Arpad" <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 14:48:21 -0600

Well, I like it, Arpad <grin>...

This test would capture our "Exhibit A" pixie named "Tstonefile". It would
also capture pre-6.1 PAM4 parameters since if the user set the
Model_Specific parameter "Modulation" to "PAM4" in most IBIS-compliant
pre-6.1 platforms he would get the wrong result. It would *not* capture a
few hooks I embed into all my models to support exotic analyses on our own
internal "lab" platforms but which do *not* alter standard results on any
IBIS-compliant commercial EDA platforms.

Of course if you write the BIRD to capture these hooks I will just* ignore*
the "requirement" to declare them <wink>.

Anybody got an example of something we can agree we really want to capture
that Arpad's proposition does NOT capture?

Bob

On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 2:29 PM, Muranyi, Arpad <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Bob,

Thanks for your comments. When I wrote that text, I was still trying

to cover what I previously described as the “gray area”. But if we

all agree that we do not want to include those Model_Specific parameters

in this proposed Reserved parameter list which do not break the fundamental

operation of a model in any of the IBIS-compliant EDA tools, then we

could modify my text to reflect what you state in your comment here.

So here is the question to all:

Should we only flag those Model_Specific parameters which do not work

properly in strictly IBIS-compliant EDA tools for basic simulations,

or do we want to include those Model_Specific parameters also which

add on new/extended capabilities to the model for those tools which

know how to deal with it without breaking the basic simulations in

all other strictly IBIS-compliant tools?