[ibis-macro] Re: New version of the Typos BIRD draft is on the ATM web site

  • From: Bob Ross <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 11:20:56 -0800

Arpad:

Changes look good:

Here is my "leaf" issue on page 4 that I found confusing.

Based on the reference to Section 10, and specifically page 187,
a leaf is defined as:

<leaf>:
  ( <parameter name> whitespace <value list> )

On page 4 of this draft:

All "leaves" of the .ami file must begin with one of the following
reserved words:

   Type
   Usage

Technically a "leaf_name" would be a parameter name and not the
reserved word according to Section 10 definition.

So perhaps the wording should be ...

"All "AMI parameters" must begin with the parameter name followed
by one of the following reserved words:

    Type
    Usage

Later it is stated, "Multiple leaves containing the same reserved word
are not allowed within an AMI Parameter branch."

This could be modified to

"Reserved words shall not be repeated within an AMI Parameter branch."

Bob

Muranyi, Arpad wrote:
This is to announce that a new version of the Typos BIRD draft
has been posted to the ATM web site:

http://www.vhdl.org/pub/ibis/macromodel_wip/archive/20110111/arpadmurany
i/IBIS-AMI%20Typographical%20Corrections%20BIRD%20draft%208/Typos_Format
_Value_Default_BIRD_8.pdf

(This is the same file that was emailed out a few minutes ago
with the Agenda for today's meeting).  In this version I made
the following changes:

    - added "(defined below)" for Default
    - added words to disallow duplicate leaves in the same branch
    - removed the "graceful" stuff
    - moved editorial notes on the bottom to background information

and I am planning to discuss this in the ATM teleconference
today.  Please familiarize yourself with these changes so we
can have a meaningful discussion.

Bob Ross
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC     Teraspeed Labs
121 North River Drive              13610 SW Harness Lane
Narragansett, RI 02882             Beaverton, OR 97008
401-284-1827                       503-430-1065
http://www.teraspeed.com           503-246-8048 Direct
bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Teraspeed is a registered service mark of Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC