[ibis-macro] Re: New differential measurements rules, [Diff Model], IBIS cleanup

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "IBIS-ATM" <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 22:51:12 -0800

Bob,

To respond to these specific comments, I would like to say
that my problem is not so much the existence of the [Diff Pin]
keyword in the spec.  I can live with that keyword as long
as it is used for pseudo differential buffers ONLY.  What I
would like to remove is the usage of the [Diff Pin] keyword
for true differential buffers as described on pg. 104-106,
for example, in the PDF format of the v4.2 specification:

|   D_receive--|  \ |----+ |
|              |           |---A_extref
|
| Figure 10: Port names for true differential I/O buffer

and everything that is related to this technique of bringing in
true differential models using the single ended [Model] keyword.

And in order to address true differential buffers, we would
need new keyword(s)) as discussed in Walter's proposal.