[ibis-macro] My recommended course of action for IBIS

  • From: "Walter Katz" <wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "IBIS Macro" <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 16:06:51 -0500

All,

Summary of discussion on my proposed direction for IBIS.

1)  Things that could be done quickly with simple new keywords.

2) Major effort, totally new package methodology.

3) and 4) Items that can be done in the Wednesday Interconnect meeting.

5) 6) 7) Probably will not be done.

Walter

1)        Implement keywords to address differential and high speed
differential buffers
a.         Final Stage Subckt (frequency dependent C_Comp and loss)
b.         Differential Termination Subckt (makes IBIS models True
differential)
c.         Differential Standard Load Subckt
d.         Common Mode Voltage
e.         Simple N-Tap FIR equalization for Tx models
f.           Simple LTI impedance model instead of IV curves
g.         Cookbook for generating and using IBIS differential models
h.         Implement [Specification] statement to point to industry standard
measurement and timing rules
2)        Package models based on IBIS Interconnect Spice
3)        Sparse Touchstone Data
4)        Touchstone Port Data (wrapper)
5)        Deprecate (remove) lots of unused and useless IBIS stuff from the
spec.
6)        External Model DLL API
7)        Better support for ODT