[ibis-macro] Re: Latest IBIS Interconnect SPICE Subckt document with my suggested deletes

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "IBIS Macro" <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 17:56:22 -0700

Walter,

Thanks for sending this to the list.  Here are some
of my observations.

1)  In general, I noticed that you removed the references to
HSPICE-RF.  However, at the final stages we should also remove
references to HSPICE as well, since this specification was
planned to be a stand alone IBIS-Interconnect specification,
independent of HSPICE...

2)  pg. 16.  "Parameters and Expressions section, 2nd bullet:
I think this should be retained in the document, because this
describes how parameters are scoped with subcircuits...

3)  pg. 16.  "Parameters and Expressions section, 3rd bullet:
I think this should be retained in the document, because we
will have .param statements, and we need to spell out the rules
about it...

4)  pg. 26.  Parameter section.  I think we should keep the
parameter syntax for subcircuit definitions.  This allows the
instantiation of the same subcircuit with different parameters.
I don't think that could be achieved any other way.

5)  pg. 29 on the bottom, "Functions" and following line should
be deleted (since we do not support function definitions, or do we?).

6)  pg. 35 Example in 2nd and 3rd paragraphs are irrelevant
for our purpose, should be deleted or replaced with other
examples.  4th paragraph doesn't apply (Monte Carlo analysis).

7)  pg. 37 on the bottom refers to the deleted examples above...

8)  pg. 38 we may want to retain the PARHIER option rules...

That's it for now.

Latest IBIS Interconnect SPICE Subckt document with my suggested deletes

303.449-2308
Mobile 720.333-1107
wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx
www.sisoft.com