[ibis-macro] Re: Jitter Model Discussion

  • From: Gregory R Edlund <gedlund@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 11:54:09 -0500

Does anybody on the list think the jitter (A) should be injected at the
input of the TX output stage (OUT), as drawn?  I'm trying to figure out if
I wrote this down wrong or if there is still some disagreement among the
committee members.

Greg

(See attached file: Serdes_Jitter_Model_092011.ppt)

Greg Edlund
Senior Engineer
Signal Integrity and System Timing
IBM Systems & Technology Group
3605 Hwy. 52 N  Bldg 050-3
Rochester, MN 55901

From:   "Walter Katz" <wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:     Gregory R Edlund/Rochester/IBM@IBMUS,
            <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:   09/21/2011 06:11 PM
Subject:        RE: [ibis-macro] Jitter Model Discussion

Greg,

I believe that (A) should be at the input to the EQ of the Tx Block since
it is applied to the stimulus input to the Tx algorithmic model.

Walter