[ibis-macro] Re: IBIS-to-AMS script update

  • From: "Paul Fernando" <prfernan@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 23:51:06 -0500 (EST)

Arpad,

Here's the fixed version.
The help file is attached as well- which is why it gave a dialog.

Please note: Only the 'convert' menu performs a useful function - converting
ibis files
to verilog or vhdl A(MS). 'File' and 'Help' work as well. The other menus are
work in
progress. I was thinking of getting the 'template' menu to read in a template
file and
get its data using dialogs and create a complete set of output files ready for
simulation.

Should I update version1 (without GUI) or should it be considered obsolete?
Alternatively, I could update the GUI version so that it accepts command line
input as
well.... What do you think?

Thanks,
Paul

On Thu, February 2, 2006 4:35 pm, Muranyi, Arpad wrote:
> Paul,
>
> I finally tried all three versions of your script you
> distributed.  Here are my comments.
>
> Version 1)  This works well.  I would prefer to generate
> an output file name other than out.dat to prevent
> accidental overwrites, etc...  Can you construct a
> name that looks like:
>
>      IBIS_file_name + Modelname.dat
>
> Version 2)  With GUI.  You must have written this
> in UNIX or Linux, because from the DOS prompt I
> get an error message on using "PWD".  You can query
> the OS in Perl like this, for example:
>
> print "\nThe operating system is:  $^O\n";
>
> and use the response in an IF statement to decide
> whether to use PWD or DIR to get a list of files
> (which is what I assume you are trying to do without
> looking into your code).
>
> After the error I get the GUI, but nothing seems to
> work in it, except the two help options.  The Help
> (Ctrl-h) pops up a file open dialog, but I am not sure
> what it wants me to open.  A message to tell me something
> would help...
>
> Version 3)  Same comment as before, couldn't try it
> because of the error.
>
> I am too busy now to try this in UNIX.  Would it be too
> difficult for you to fix this so that it would run in
> the Windows/DOS environment?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Arpad

IBIS-to-A(MS) Coverter Help file

Only the 'file', 'convert' & 'help' menus work so far.
The 'convert' menu is used to convert an ibis file to a Verilog or vhdl A(MS)
file.