[ibis-macro] IBIS-ATM teleconference agenda for 2/13/07

  • From: "Mirmak, Michael" <michael.mirmak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 08:24:13 -0800

Audio
=====
Voice dial-in:  877-384-0543
Passcode:       904-37-837

Web
===
Click Here to Join Live Meeting
https://www.livemeeting.com/cc/sisoft/join?id=NKQQN3&role=attend&pw=TP8j
%23-%25%7E5

FIRST TIME USERS: To save time before the meeting, check your
system to make sure it is compatible with Microsoft Office Live
Meeting.
Agenda
======

1) Opens

2) Call for patent disclosure

3) Review of ARs

- Mike: update macro library documentation
  Verilog version almost done.

- Arpad: Write parameter passing syntax proposal for a possible BIRD
  TBD (Someone else could jump in and take this one)

4) Technical discussion:

- Parameter passing

* The same parameter passing proposed by BIRD for SPICE is in IBIS 5.x
  should be for AMS and LTI modeling too.
* It was noted that the parameter passing mechanism can also pass
results
  from the model back to the simulation tool, it is not just for model
  input.
  - This was noted at the Feb 1 meeting.
  - Ian had presented on this topic at the July 2006 IBIS summit.
    - His proposal included description, type, and range info.
  - Walter had also defined "info" parameters, neither input nor output.
  - We need to decide if pole-zero is one of the parameter formats.
* The decision was made to write separate parameter passing BIRDs:
  - First for channel analysis
  - Second for external circuit

- Cadence Proposed BIRD

* Mentor and Cadence should meet to get in synch on the Cadence BIRD.
* Details of these discussions need to be presented to the group.
* Bob Ross suggested it should be a separate multi-lingual chapter of
  the IBIS spec.
* No touching the 3rd rail:
  - We will not change the existing AMS/SPICE portion of IBIS.

5) Plans/ARs:

AR: Mentor and Cadence will meet to get in synch on the Cadence BIRD.
- The BIRD should be reworked before the Feb 27 meeting.
  * Cadence, Mentor, and SiSoft will meet before next task group
meeting.
  * Web sessions may be held shortly
- Todd: we also need to revisit the "electrical model stuff"