[ibis-macro] IBIS-ATM teleconference - Agenda for 9/11/2012

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 'IBIS-ATM' <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 15:57:38 +0000

Time:  September 11, 2012  Noon  US Pacific Time
=====

Audio:
======
Voice dial-in:    (800) 637-5822
International: +1 (647) 723-3937 <--- (For Canada)
                      0114501530 <--- (For Sweden)
                      0201400572 <--- (For Sweden Toll Free)
                    069509594672 <--- (For Germany)
                     08001014542 <--- (For Germany Toll free)
Access Code:            685-0440

Web
===
Click Here to Join Live Meeting:

http://tinyurl.com/yvmesj
or:

https://www.livemeeting.com/cc/sisoft/join?id=NKQQN3&role=attend&pw=TP8j%23-%25%7E5

Mentor Global Crossing Teleconference commands:
http://www.globalcrossing.com/customer/collaboration/cust_ready_access_tips.aspx

FIRST TIME USERS: To save time before the meeting, check your
system to make sure it is compatible with Microsoft Office Live
Meeting.

Agenda
======

1) Opens
2) Call for any related patent disclosures
3) Review of ARs:

- Michael M provide examples to show what IC vendors need
  - In progress

Any other AR-s?

Old ARs:

Arpad:  Review the documentation (annotation) in the macro libraries.
        - deferred until a demand arises or we have nothing else to do

4)  Modeling example from Intel                             (Mike M.)
    - questions/comments

5a) Should we start another Task Group to work on "IBIS overhaul"
    and/or analog modeling improvements (buffer, on-die interconnect
    and package), and keep short term IBIS-AMI topics, such as:
    - BIRD 131 (AMI repeaters)
    - BIRD 147 (Back Channel)
    in this group?

    Or should we just change the order (priorities) of the topics
    and take care of these AMI BIRDs first and then address the analog
    modeling and "IBIS overhaul" topics?

5b) What direction should we take in making improvements to IBIS?
    - GENERAL DISCUSSION, please be prepared to express your opinion
      on the recent presentations given by Walter and Arpad regarding
      package modeling and related topics
      - how extensively should we "overhaul" the IBIS specification?
      - should we separate IBIS into independent documents?
      - should we "discard" those 10 BIRDs Walter indicated on his
        last slide in favor of going in the directions Walter proposes?
      - should we start embracing the tree syntax for IBIS modeling
      - etc...

6)  BIRD 150, dependency table                               (Walter)
    - questions/comments/discussion?

7)  Info, Out, InOut BIRD                                     (Arpad)
    - latest wording includes "in order to be compliant with this
      specification, Model_Specific parameters ... must not ...",
      and omits the word "simulation" so it's meaning doesn't have
      to be defined
    - questions/comments/discussion?

8)  Eye Mask definition                                       (Arpad)
    - Rx_Receiver_Sensitivity is the equivalent of the vertical
      (or voltage) part of an eye mask.  It would make sense to
      define the horizontal (timing) portion of the eye mask also.
    - questions/comments/discussion?

9)  What is the purpose of the specification?  Describe the syntax
    and rules of the syntax, or tell the reader how to make models?
    - questions/comments/discussion?

Tabled topics:

    - BIRD 144.3 Direct S-parameters under [External Model]   (Cadence)

    - BIRD 145.2 Cascading [Model] with [External Model]      (Cadence)

    - BIRD 121.1, data management parameters (file support)    (Walter)

Tabled AR-s:

Ambrish update BIRD 145 for pad to pin mapping and other clarifications
  - Need to say what it will not solve
  - tabled