[ibis-macro] IBIS-ATM teleconference - Agenda for 9/10/2013

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 'IBIS-ATM' <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 15:19:54 +0000

Time:  September 10, 2013  Noon  US Pacific Time
=====

Audio:
======
Voice dial-in:    (800) 637-5822
International: +1 (647) 723-3937 <--- (For Canada)
                      0114501530 <--- (For Sweden)
                      0201400572 <--- (For Sweden Toll Free)
                    069509594672 <--- (For Germany)
                     08001014542 <--- (For Germany Toll free)
Access Code:            685-0440

Web
===
Click Here to Join Live Meeting:

http://tinyurl.com/yvmesj
or:

https://www.livemeeting.com/cc/sisoft/join?id=NKQQN3&role=attend&pw=TP8j%23-%25%7E5

Mentor Global Crossing Teleconference commands:
http://www.globalcrossing.com/customer/collaboration/cust_ready_access_tips.aspx

FIRST TIME USERS: To save time before the meeting, check your
system to make sure it is compatible with Microsoft Office Live
Meeting.

Agenda
======

1) Opens
2) Call for any related patent disclosures
3) Review of ARs:

Arpad:  Figure out the text for the BIRD 160 portion of BIRD 155
        - done

Any other AR-s?

Old ARs:

Arpad:  Review the documentation (annotation) in the macro libraries.
        - deferred until a demand arises or we have nothing else to do

4) Roll call

5) Interconnect Task Group report

BIRD 125 implementation of the "Case 5" example from Walter
Decision needs to be made about EMD vs. BIRD 125 style

6) BIRD 155  New AMI API to Resolve Dependent Model Parameter (Fangyi)
   - comments/questions?
   - vote to submit it to the Open Forum

7) BIRD 150  IBIS-AMI New Reserved Parameters for Dependency Tables
   - on hold until BIRD 155 is finalized                      (Walter)
   - vote to a recommendation for the Open Forum (to vote it down in
     favor of BIRD 155.1)

8) BIRD 147  Back-channel support                            (Ambrish)
    - update, questions, comments?

9) BIRD 128  Allow AMI_parameters_out to pass AMI_parameters_in
             data on calls to AMI_GetWave                     (Walter)
   - update, questions, comments?

10) BIRD 157  Parameterize [Driver Schedule]                   (Arpad)
    - discussion

11) Info, Out, InOut BIRD                                      (Arpad)
    - latest wording includes "in order to be compliant with this
      specification, Model_Specific parameters ... must not ...",
      and omits the word "simulation" so it's meaning doesn't have
      to be defined
    - questions/comments/discussion?

12) DLL error trapping and return codes                  (Greg Edlund)
    - address the nasty condition where the DLL and tool crash
      without a trace.  The EDA vendor says, "I can't help you
      because I can't see inside the model."  The model vendor
      says, "I can't help you because I don't own that tool."
      The user is left with a non-functional model.

13) What is the purpose of the specification?  Describe the syntax
    and rules of the syntax, or tell the reader how to make models?
    - questions/comments/discussion?

Tabled topics:

PAM4 BIRD                                                  (Walter)