[ibis-macro] IBIS-ATM teleconference - Agenda for 4/12/2014

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 15:46:25 +0000

Time:  Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at Noon US Pacific Time
=====

Audio:
======

Voice dial-in:    (800) 637-5822
International: +1 (647) 723-3937 <--- (For Canada)
                       0114501530 <--- (For Sweden)
                       0201400572 <--- (For Sweden Toll Free)
                     069509594672 <--- (For Germany)
                      08001014542 <--- (For Germany Toll free)
Access Code:            685-0440

Mentor Global Crossing Teleconference commands for audio:
http://www.globalcrossing.com/customer/collaboration/cust_ready_access_tips.aspx

Web:
====

1. Go to:  http://preview.tinyurl.com/lor2h3m
   or:
https://sisoft.webex.com/sisoft/j.php?ED=275213377&UID=1742552952&PW=NMDk1OTlhYmNk&RT=MiMxMQ%3D%3D

2. If requested, enter your name and email address.
3. If a password is required, enter the meeting password: IBIS
4. Click "Join".
5. Follow the instructions that appear on your screen.

Meeting Number: 735 161 627
Meeting Password: IBIS

To view in other time zones or languages, please click the link:
https://sisoft.webex.com/sisoft/j.php?ED=275213377&UID=1742552952&PW=NMDk1OTlhYmNk&ORT=MiMxMQ%3D%3D

For WebEx assistance :
1. Go to https://sisoft.webex.com/sisoft/mc
2. On the left navigation bar, click "Support".

To update this meeting to your calendar program (for example Microsoft Outlook),
click this link:
https://sisoft.webex.com/sisoft/j.php?ED=275213377&UID=1742552952&ICS=UMI&LD=1&RD=2&ST=1&SHA2=AAAAAmZLD/WdPAcq5tqxcFHGlssiSTTRF-dkomDJ9fLbYtpm&RT=MiMxMQ%3D%3D

WebEx will automatically setup Meeting Manager for Windows the first
time you join a meeting.  To save time, you can setup prior to the
meeting by clicking this link:
https://sisoft.webex.com/sisoft/meetingcenter/mcsetup.php

Agenda
======

1) Opens
2) Call for any related patent disclosures
3) Review of ARs:

Any other AR-s?

4)  Roll call

5)  Could we put something in the spec to require that AMI models
    should be tested for DLL dependencies before releasing the
    model?

6)  Continue discussion on Backchannel (and redriver?)
    - decide what the problem is we are trying to solve and
      how we are going to go about it

7)  BIRD 147  Back-channel support                           (Ambrish)

8)  BIRD 128  Allow AMI_parameters_out to pass AMI_parameters_in
              data on calls to AMI_GetWave                    (Walter)
    - discussions on hold until BIRD 147 is done

9)  New Redriver BIRD                                         (Walter)
    - introducing a new BIRD to correct the Redriver flow

10)  Ambiguous directionality (BUG150) (not a bug, waiting for discussion)
     - for AMI modeling we have no indication whether the model is Input,
       Output or I/O

Tabled topics:
==============

AR:

Walter:  Collect IC vendor (user) statements regarding their
         packaging needs
         - tabled

11) The IBIS specification does not define what character set
    is allowed in the .ami files.  Some files contain double
    quotes 93h and 94h instead of 22h.  Are these legal?

12) In the package matrix, diagonals shouldn't be allowed to have
    negative values (BUG151) (enhancement for parser and specification)

13) Technical discussion on filter/analog driver (C_comp related
    improvements to spec)

14) BIRD 157  Parameterize [Driver Schedule]                    (Arpad)
   - discussion

15) Info, Out, InOut BIRD                                      (Arpad)
    - latest wording includes "in order to be compliant with this
      specification, Model_Specific parameters ... must not ...",
      and omits the word "simulation" so it's meaning doesn't have
      to be defined
    - questions/comments/discussion?

16) DLL error trapping and return codes                  (Greg Edlund)
    - address the nasty condition where the DLL and tool crash
      without a trace.  The EDA vendor says, "I can't help you
      because I can't see inside the model."  The model vendor
      says, "I can't help you because I don't own that tool."
      The user is left with a non-functional model.

17)  Overclocking

18)  Macro models for power delivery