[ibis-macro] IBIS-ATM teleconference - Agenda for 3/5/2013

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 'IBIS-ATM' <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 17:23:44 +0000

Time:  March 5, 2013  Noon  US Pacific Time
=====

Audio:
======
Voice dial-in:    (800) 637-5822
International: +1 (647) 723-3937 <--- (For Canada)
                      0114501530 <--- (For Sweden)
                      0201400572 <--- (For Sweden Toll Free)
                    069509594672 <--- (For Germany)
                     08001014542 <--- (For Germany Toll free)
Access Code:            685-0440

Web
===
Click Here to Join Live Meeting:

http://tinyurl.com/yvmesj
or:

https://www.livemeeting.com/cc/sisoft/join?id=NKQQN3&role=attend&pw=TP8j%23-%25%7E5

Mentor Global Crossing Teleconference commands:
http://www.globalcrossing.com/customer/collaboration/cust_ready_access_tips.aspx

FIRST TIME USERS: To save time before the meeting, check your
system to make sure it is compatible with Microsoft Office Live
Meeting.

Agenda
======

1) Opens
2) Call for any related patent disclosures
3) Review of ARs:

Arpad: Check if BIRD 158 can be incorporated in BIRD 116-118 as a
       shortcut syntax
         - in progress

Ambrish: Send email to the IBIS-ATM reflector regarding
         BIRD 147 status
         - not done

Any other AR-s?

Old ARs:

Arpad:  Review the documentation (annotation) in the macro libraries.
        - deferred until a demand arises or we have nothing else to do

4) Is the difficulty one runs into, when one attempts to shorten the
time span of IBIS V/T tables, in order to support the bit rates
necessary in modern serial communication design, one of the primary
motivators for including the a.c. behavior of the Tx driver in the
Touchstone model of the on-die interconnect?

5) BIRD 155 New AMI API to Resolve Dependent Model Parameter (Fangyi)
   - need a motion to un-table it for discussion
   - introduction
   - discussion

6) BIRD 156 IBIS-AMI Extension for Mid-channel Redriver      (Fangyi)
   - introduction
   - discussion

7) BIRD 131  IBIS-AMI repeaters,  "Redriver" proposal (Walter/Fangyi)
   - questions, comments?

8) BIRD 147  Back-channel support                           (Ambrish)
   - update, questions, comments?

9) BIRD 128  Allow AMI_parameters_out to pass AMI_parameters_in
             data on calls to AMI_GetWave
   - update, questions, comments?

10) BIRD 158 AMI Touchstone Analog Buffer Models              (Walter)
    - discussion

11) BIRD 154  Using IBIS-AMI Leaf Labels in List Parameters  (Walter)
    - update, questions, comments?

12) Info, Out, InOut BIRD                                     (Arpad)
    - latest wording includes "in order to be compliant with this
      specification, Model_Specific parameters ... must not ...",
      and omits the word "simulation" so it's meaning doesn't have
      to be defined
    - questions/comments/discussion?

13) Eye Mask definition                                       (Arpad)
    - Rx_Receiver_Sensitivity is the equivalent of the vertical
      (or voltage) part of an eye mask.  It would make sense to
      define the horizontal (timing) portion of the eye mask also.
    - questions/comments/discussion?

14) DLL error trapping and return codes                 (Greg Edlund)
    - address the nasty condition where the DLL and tool crash
      without a trace.  The EDA vendor says, "I can't help you
      because I can't see inside the model."  The model vendor
      says, "I can't help you because I don't own that tool."
      The user is left with a non-functional model.

15) What is the purpose of the specification?  Describe the syntax
    and rules of the syntax, or tell the reader how to make models?
    - questions/comments/discussion?

Tabled topics:

"AMI_ResolveDependentParam" function proposal             (Fangyi)

BIRD 150, Dependency Table                                (Walter)

PAM4 BIRD                                                 (Walter)

Thanks,

Arpad