[ibis-macro] IBIS-ATM teleconference - Agenda for 12/11/2012

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 'IBIS-ATM' <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 15:26:12 +0000

Time:  December 11, 2012  Noon  US Pacific Time
=====

Audio:
======
Voice dial-in:    (800) 637-5822
International: +1 (647) 723-3937 <--- (For Canada)
                      0114501530 <--- (For Sweden)
                      0201400572 <--- (For Sweden Toll Free)
                    069509594672 <--- (For Germany)
                     08001014542 <--- (For Germany Toll free)
Access Code:            685-0440

Web
===
Click Here to Join Live Meeting:

http://tinyurl.com/yvmesj
or:

https://www.livemeeting.com/cc/sisoft/join?id=NKQQN3&role=attend&pw=TP8j%23-%25%7E5

Mentor Global Crossing Teleconference commands:
http://www.globalcrossing.com/customer/collaboration/cust_ready_access_tips.aspx

FIRST TIME USERS: To save time before the meeting, check your
system to make sure it is compatible with Microsoft Office Live
Meeting.

Meeting schedule:

December 18   yes
December 25   Cancel (Christmas Day)
January   1   Cancel (New Year's Day)
January   8   yes

Agenda
======

1) Opens
2) Call for any related patent disclosures
3) Review of ARs:

Walter:  Update BIRD 150 with the comments received.

Walter:  Find a good way to define the Usage of those parameters which
         are not input to the model or EDA tool (off line)

Fangyi:  Prepare a presentation with alternate proposal for BIRD 150
         - done

Walter, Fangyi, Ambrish: Work out a combined BIRD for 131 and the
                         Redriver proposals
        - not done

Any other AR-s?

Old ARs:

Arpad:  Review the documentation (annotation) in the macro libraries.
        - deferred until a demand arises or we have nothing else to do

4) Interconnect Task Group Report                       (Mike Mirmak)

5) "AMI_ResolveDependentParam" function proposal             (Fangyi)
   - questions, comments?

6) BIRD 150, Dependency Table                                (Walter)
   - questions, comments?

7) BIRD 131  IBIS-AMI repeaters
   - questions, comments?

8) "Redriver" BIRD draft                                     (Fangyi)
   - questions, comments?

9) BIRD 147  Back-channel support                           (Ambrish)
   - questions, comments?

10) BIRD 128  Allow AMI_parameters_out to pass AMI_parameters_in
              data on calls to AMI_GetWave

11) BIRD 154  Using IBIS-AMI Leaf Labels in List Parameters  (Walter)
    - questions, comments?

12) Info, Out, InOut BIRD                                     (Arpad)
    - latest wording includes "in order to be compliant with this
      specification, Model_Specific parameters ... must not ...",
      and omits the word "simulation" so it's meaning doesn't have
      to be defined
    - questions/comments/discussion?

13) Eye Mask definition                                       (Arpad)
    - Rx_Receiver_Sensitivity is the equivalent of the vertical
      (or voltage) part of an eye mask.  It would make sense to
      define the horizontal (timing) portion of the eye mask also.
    - questions/comments/discussion?

14) DLL error trapping and return codes                 (Greg Edlund)
    - address the nasty condition where the DLL and tool crash
      without a trace.  The EDA vendor says, "I can't help you
      because I can't see inside the model."  The model vendor
      says, "I can't help you because I don't own that tool."
      The user is left with a non-functional model.

15) What is the purpose of the specification?  Describe the syntax
    and rules of the syntax, or tell the reader how to make models?
    - questions/comments/discussion?

Tabled topics: