[ibis-macro] Re: IBIS-AMI RX model

  • From: "Todd Westerhoff" <twesterh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 09:05:01 -0400 (EDT)

Scott,

Thanks for your response.

If you're saying that we should be sure customers know these parameters
are proposed in BIRDs and not part of the published IBIS 5.0
specification, consider that a given.  That's what the comment in the .ami
header

| Data management, simulation control, jitter & analog model parameters
using BIRD 121-124 Parameters

was meant to convey.  Each section of the .ami file has a header that
indicates its purpose, i.e.

| analog model using S-parameter data

. that associates with the comment in the header.  We can make the callout
more explicit on a parameter by parameter basis, for example, changing

      | 3 corner receiver latch noise

      (Rx_Noise (Usage Info)(Range 0.0020 0.0015 0.0030)(Type Float)

          (Description "RX amplitude noise expressed in V.")

      )

      | 4 corner receiver latch noise

      (Rx_Noise_Table

         (Dependency

            (Parameter (List "Rx_Corner In" "Rx_Noise Sel" ) (Usage Info)
(Type String))

            (Row       (List "NC"           "0.0020"       ) (Usage Info)
(Type String))

            (Row       (List "WC"           "0.0025"       ) (Usage Info)
(Type String))

            (Row       (List "BC"           "0.0015"       ) (Usage Info)
(Type String))

            (Row       (List "EC"           "0.0030"       ) (Usage Info)
(Type String))

         )

      )

      | 3 corner receiver latch noise using BIRD 123

      (Rx_Noise (Usage Info)(Range 0.0020 0.0015 0.0030)(Type Float)

          (Description "RX amplitude noise expressed in V.")

      )

      | 4 corner receiver latch noise using BIRD 124

      (Rx_Noise_Table

         (Dependency

            (Parameter (List "Rx_Corner In" "Rx_Noise Sel" ) (Usage Info)
(Type String))

            (Row       (List "NC"           "0.0020"       ) (Usage Info)
(Type String))

            (Row       (List "WC"           "0.0025"       ) (Usage Info)
(Type String))

            (Row       (List "BC"           "0.0015"       ) (Usage Info)
(Type String))

            (Row       (List "EC"           "0.0030"       ) (Usage Info)
(Type String))

         )

      )

Anyone have a better idea?