[ibis-macro] Re: [IBIS] RE: Re: Your presentation at Asia Summit

  • From: "Lance Wang" <lwang@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Syed Huq \(shuq\)" <shuq@xxxxxxxxx>, <arpad.muranyi@xxxxxxxxx>, <ibis@xxxxxxx>, <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 21:51:11 -0500

Hi, Syed,
Thanks for the comment. This is a good question.

My answer is No. We need IBIS and need it to be better. IBIS could have
incomplete solutions or complete solutions without industry acceptances
at one specific time period. IBIS needs to have short term solutions and
studies long term solutions as well. If there is no solution from IBIS
or not in time, industry would give up IBIS quickly if there is another
solution out there.

I don't think I am a tool vendor at this moment. I am standing on your
side to think how to get the design jobs done quickly and efficiently.
Especially, as Cisco is a technology leader all the time, you may
understand this kind of situations much easier than I can image.

Thanks,

Lance Wang
Cadence Design Systems, Inc.