[ibis-macro] IBIS AMI model inter-operability

  • From: Huang chunxing <huangchunxing@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 18:37:16 +0800

Presentations for the Dec. 4 and Dec. 11 meetings available...Hi IBIS Experts,

When I am trying to simulate IBIS_AMI_RX model with IBIS_AMI_test.exe from
Sisoft,
IBIS_AMI_test simulator break down.
This is my run_eq_noeq.bat which I only chage the IBIS_AMI_tx.dll to
IBIS_AMI_rx.dll
in order to call AMI RX model from candence.
Here I don't care about data validity, but want to check AMI model
inter-operability.
call cleanup.bat
cls
type ..\version.txt
copy tx_impulse_no_eq.csv tx_impulse.csv

IBIS_AMI_prbs.exe -f tx_impulse.csv | ^
IBIS_AMI_test.exe -f IBIS_AMI_rx.dll -i tx_impulse.csv -g -c >
waveform_rx_pad.csv
rename tx_impulse_out.csv impulse_rx_pad.csv

I checked and debugged the IBIS_AMI_rx.c source file, and finally found that
the problem is
from that  AMI_INIT function in IBIS_AMI_RX didn't return any pointer,
AMI_parameters_out.
After I gave some value to AMI_parameters_out and recompiled it, everything is
ok.
  *AMI_dll_memory_handle = ctf;

  *AMI_dll_parameters_out = AMI_dll_parameters_in;  // <<<add this statement

  printf(" AMI_INIT FINISHED\n");
  return 1;
I browse the IBIS BIRD104.1 and AMI_parameters_out is required and no optional.
Even with that AMI_parameters_out is required in IBIS BIRD, such parameter may
be ommited by
modeler carelessly. I think IBIS AMI model may also have the model quality
problem.
Then under such condition, how to avoid simulator break down is an issue for
EDA vendors.

If I made some mistake here, please kindly correct me.
Thanks and Happy New Year to Everyone!

Regards,
Huang
HUAWEI TECHNOLOGIES CO.,LTD.

Address: Huawei Industrial Base
Bantian Longgang
Shenzhen 518129, P.R.China
Tel: +86 755 28976426
Fax: +86 755 28976758
E-mail: huangchunxing@xxxxxxxxxx
www.huawei.com
This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from HUAWEI,
which
is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed above. Any
use of the
information contained herein in any way (including, but not limited to, total
or partial
recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify
the sender by