[ibis-macro] I added the following to the BIRD which should clear up confusion on Allowed Value Methods

  • From: "Walter Katz" <wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "IBIS-ATM" <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 05:10:08 -0500

All,

I added the following to the AMI BIRD I sent to Arpad:

Each Usage In and InOut parameter has a single Value in the data passed to
the DLL using Parameters_In. An Allowed-Value is the method that the EDA
tool can determine if it has one or more than one allowed value for each
parameter. If there is more than one allowed value, the EDA tool can choose
the value of this parameter automatically from the Allowed Values List, or
it can have the user select a value from the Allowed Values List. The EDA
tool would generate an Allowed Values List of in accordance with the details
for that Allowed Value Method. Similarly, the EDA tool can determine the
Allowed Value List for each Usage Info parameter. If there are more than one
value in the Allowed Value List the EDA tool can select that value
automatically from the Allowed Values List, or it can have the user select a
value from the Allowed Values List. Usage Out parameters need no Value at
all. I think it should be optional to supply an Allowed Value for Usage Out
parameters, since the EDA tool has know way of knowing what the DLL will
return.

303.449-2308
Mobile 720.333-1107
wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx