[ibis-macro] Re: How to make tap coefficients Reserved Parameters with Table

  • From: David Banas <DBanas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx'" <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 11:07:30 -0800

>The real problem starts when you start acting on these
>specialized meanings, like post processing the raw data to
>generate histograms, probability distribution functions, and
>the like, because in order to know what to do with the data
>you have to know its meaning.

Agreed.

>Like I wrote it before, the meaning of Tap parameters is
>relatively well known, but we have no way of knowing anything
>about the meaning of the rest of the Model_Specific parameters.
{snip}
>doing much, much more...  The only way I see this issue resolved
>is if we eliminated Model_Specific Info, InOut and Out parameters
>from the spec.  Sorry.

I disagree.
As I see it, the EDA tool functions as a conduit between the model and the
user, for parameters of type Model_Specific. That is, the EDA tool provides the
necessary GUI interface elements to allow the user to make certain selections,
regarding the model's proprietary behavior. How does the user make intelligent
decisions, in this regard? Presumably, by reading the User's Guide that came
with the model from the silicon vendor.

Confidentiality Notice.
This message may contain information that is confidential or otherwise
protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution, or
copying of this message, or any attachments, is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail,
and delete the message and any attachments. Thank you.