[ibis-macro] Re: FW: BIRD_250.1_Draft5

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: IBIS-ATM <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 21:06:40 +0000

Walter,

Just for the records, here are my comments we discussed
in the ATM meeting today.

"control file"  should be "parameter file"

Dependency Tables are Model_Specific parameters that are defined with format
Table, and Usage Dependency_Table.".

Fix punctuation at the end.
DT are not parameters...

Dependency Tables make IBIS-AMI models easier for the systems designer by
allowing complex relationships between related parameters to be automatically
defined as part of the model.

Missing word?

Make TX or Tx consistent

The Labels row lists the Parameter names used in the table and explicitly
defines whether each Parameter is used as an Input ("In") to the table, or is
an output ("Out_*") whose value is derived from the table. The Labels row is
required for Dependency Tables.

Labels - required?  Why is it not in the example?
Didn't we replace Labels with Column_Types?

for that Parameter based

bad English...

Dependent parameters that are Out_Closest, Out_Range or Out_PWL require first
matching all independent columns except the last independent column, which must
contain numeric data (Integer, Float, UI or Tap). If there is no row that
satisfies the matching criteria, then the value of the dependent parameter
shall be its's default value.

indentation?
why is this under Out_Match?
what is this numeric data all about?

If there are two equal choices, the larger value will used for selection.

English...
which is the larger of two equal values?

numerically larger row
how is a row larger?

Note, it is illegal to have one or more dependent parameter Type be Out_Match
and one or more dependent parameter Type be Out_Closest, Out_Range or Out_PWL.

one or more?

All examples should be Courier font...