[ibis-macro] Re: EMD Pole-Zero Models (Why voltage controled sources?)

  • From: "C. Kumar" <kumarchi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 04:25:05 -0700 (PDT)

before you go on to pole/zero approximation you should have an 'S' elements
which directly provides the original s-parameter data either in time domain or
freq domain. all the others like pole/zero are approximations, except in the
case of circuit elements with analytic forms.

You can add to your list controlled sources with data provided multi
dimensional tables; controlled elements with hysterisis; a generic expression
controlled source of the form f(v,i, parameters)=0 and so on and so forth. It
is possible to reduce the controlled sources to a finite set (order of 10;s)

however I am still with Arpad on this one here, unless I am not seeing
something fundamental . These elements have been already implemented in
equivalent forms in various flavors of spice and yes AMS and -A flavors. I fail
to see how  IBIS 'inventing' its own form and convince vendors and users to
adopt the yet another new/even improved  form.