I have missed the discussions, so maybe I’m bring up items that are already
1. The requirements section has “Define an AMI In parameter that tells the
AMI Model how to generate single ended voltage levels.”. Nit picking, but there
is no need in that section to state that the solution involves an AMI
parameter, or to give a solution at all. I think the requirement is to “Allow
the EDA tool to convey to the model the mid-point of the steady state high and
low voltages found during analog model characterization of single-ended
signals.” In the notes column we might mention that the model would use that
in place of the 0V assumed for differential signals.
2. The Usage is defined as In, but the definition has “If Usage is InOut,
Out, or Dep …”. Does Usage need an update?
3. Since the model can return a calculated DC_Offset, isn’t there a second
requirement that it be able to do so?
4. If so, then isn’t it true that the Usage Rule “It is th responsibility
of the EDA tool to determine the DC_Offset” is not the whole story?
5. In Usage Rules there is a “th” typo.
6. If Usage can be Out, should we add some explanation for how the model
would ever be able to produce a DC_Offset knowing nothing about the analog
model characterization and with no other input?
7. Likewise, would it be helpful to have an explanation that since
AMI_Resolve is called before AMI_Init, a Dep Usage allows the model to only
adjust the DC_Offset based in the initial value and the values of other
parameters, with no knowledge of the analog model characterization?
8. Might there be any value in instead having two parameters,
High_State_Voltage and Low_State_Voltage, allowing the model to choose a
reference voltage that for some reason is not the mid-point?
I could be mis-guided about any of this, except for the typo 😊
From: ibis-macro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <ibis-macro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> On
Behalf Of Walter Katz
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2018 3:49 PM
To: IBIS-ATM <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [ibis-macro] Draft 2 of DC_Offset BIRD (BIRD 197?)
Office 978.461-0449 x 133