[ibis-macro] Re: Draft 14 of BIRD "New IBIS-AMI Reserved Parameter Special_Param_Names" is posted now

  • From: "Bob Miller" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "bob.miller" for DMARC)
  • To: Mike LaBonte <mlabonte@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2015 14:36:21 -0600

Hmm. Apologies Mike --I think "perform" or "execute" or "invoke" or
"utilize" or "provide" is closer to the idea than "implement". The EDA
platform can "implement" a host of functions that are never invoked, and if
such is the case, we don't care about them. It is when we *require* the EDA
tool to *do* something extra-specification that we care.

I tend to like "special operations" found in the usage rules better than
"special handling" in the definition. "Handling" is an allegorical term
(allegories can be mis-interpreted) while "operations" at least is part of
software/mathematical lexicon. "Functions" is an alternative if it feels
better. "handling" is IMO more narrow in scope than the other two words.
I'm not sure we care exactly what the EDA tool must do; if an EDA action is
necessary to provide the intended function of the model, it's parameter(s)
needs to be in Special_Param_Names (even if the model maker must create a
"dummy" parameter merely as a tag for Special_Param_Names).

Regards,

Bob

Regards,

Bob

On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 6:35 PM, Mike LaBonte <mlabonte@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Arpad,

"perform" could be changed to "implement".