[ibis-macro] Re: Deconvolution Options

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "IBIS-ATM" <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 09:24:42 -0700

Walter,

I must disagree.

1)  The possibility for a tool to input a Dirac-Delta function to get
the Filter response from the Init function does not make my proposal
equivalent to your proposal "Approve Init_Returns_Filter".  These two
proposals are implemented in different ways and operate differently
in the EDA tool as well as in the model.  This is like saying that a
motorcycle and a truck are the same thing, because I can get from
point A to point B with either one of them...

2)  Arguing over my proposal needing software change is a mute point,
because your proposal requires the same thing, in fact no matter what
we do for IBIS v5.1, it will require a software change, since we are
all in agreement that the input the Tx GetWave will be different, and
the order of the Tx GetWave call and the EDA tool convolution is
reversed.

3)  Regarding the necessity of model changes and the deprecation rule,
I need to remind you that an existing spec compliant model will work
the same way in the existing spec as my proposed flow.  Please read
the spec carefully and you will see what I mean.  No changes are
required from the model, it will give you the same results in the new
flow as it does in the old flow.  So my proposed flow does not violate
any of the deprecation rules in IBIS and doesn't require any model
changes to get the same results as in the past.

4)  "If the IBIS Version was changed to 5.1, and you proposal was
excepted the model would work incorrectly in simulators that support
5.1, since they would put the wrong (by 5.0 rules) Impulse Response in
the first Impulse Matrix"  Dead wrong, it seems that you still don't
understand my proposed flow...