[ibis-macro] Re: Cross talk BIRD draft comments?

  • From: <radek_biernacki@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>, <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 12:30:08 -0600

Hi Arpad,

Sorry for a late reply. My comments were as follows.

1.      We should make sure that the terms "primary channel" are "through
channel" are defined. The term "primary channel" term is not quite suitable
when more than one victim receiver is considered.

2.       In the first paragraph above "primary channel" should read "through
channel".

3.      In the second paragraph, the requirement of "must be presented with
..." may be in a conflict with the "Max_Init_Aggressors" parameter value. This
needs to be clarified.

4.      Why there is a differentiation between the Tx of the "primary channel"
and the aggressor transmitter. If there are more than one victim each Tx of a
"primary channel" is an aggressor for victim receiver other than of its own
through channel. I recall some discussion about letting a transmitter know that
it is the "primary channel" transmitter by setting the parameter "aggressors"
to zero. This would eliminate that transmitter contribution to any other victim.

5.      We should make it clear that the most general case is MIMO, though in
most cases the simulation is limited to MISO.

Below I attach an alternative text for the BIRD,

Radek

Old text:

| The first column of the impulse_matrix is the impulse response for the
| primary channel. The rest are the impulse responses from aggressor drivers
| to the victim receiver.
|
|* To include any filtering performed by the transmitters' AMI_Init functions
|* according to the Reference Flows described in this section of this
|* specification, the primary channel's impulse response is passed to the
|* primary channel's transmitter AMI_Init function and the aggressor impulse
|* functions. This implies that the AMI_Init function of each aggressor
|* transmitter must be presented with the impulse response for its own through
|* channel plus the aggressor impulse responses that will be written into the
|* impulse_matrix for the primary channel, so that any subsequent filtering
|* performed by the AMI_Init function of each aggressor transmitter can also
|* be applied to the aggressor impulse responses.
|
|* The AMI_Init function of the primary channel's transmitter may return a
|* modified impulse response, if appropriate according to the Reference Flows
|* described in this section of this specification, by modifying the first
|* column of the impulse_matrix. If the impulse response is modified, the
|* new impulse response is expected to represent the filtered response. The
|* number of items in the impulse_matrix should remain unchanged.
|
|* The AMI_Init function of the primary channel's receiver may further modify
|* the impulse_matrix, including the aggressor impulse responses contained
|* in the impulse matrix, if appropriate according to the Reference Flows
|* described in this section of this specification. If the impulse_matrix is
|* modified, the new impulse_matrix is expected to represent the filtered
|* response of the primary and aggressor channels. The number of items in
|* the impulse_matrix should remain unchanged.

New text: