[ibis-macro] Re: Comments on BIRD 124

  • From: "Ken Willis" <kwillis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx>, <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>, <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 11:36:37 -0500

Hi all,

I missed one of the other meetings on this topic, so I apologize if it was
covered already.

This BIRD brings up a bigger question to me. As we talk about the
high-impedance boundary between the circuit and algorithmic model, it looks
like a lot of the Dependency discussion is around defining analog circuit
parameters in the AMI file (I have seen the same types of models as Arpad).
If so, there are some flow-related issues here.

You need the right circuit to generate the impulse response, which happens
before you get to the algorithmic (DLL) models. So is the proposed flow for
this BIRD to go find and read the AMI files in the topology, identify the
circuit models that goes with them (presumably parameterized), go stuff the
appropriate parameter values into the circuit models, and then we are back
into the standard flow?

Thanks,

Ken Willis
Sigrity, Inc.