[ibis-macro] Comments on BIRD 123.2.2 from Mentor

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: IBIS-ATM <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2011 16:52:34 +0000

Walter and All,

I am forwarding Vladimir's comments on BIRD 123.2.2 to this
list for discussion.  Please look at his comments which are
in the attached Word document.  Since Vladimir is also on
this email list, please direct your answers, questions and
comments to him.  (I don't want to be the middle man in such
conversations...).

The general problem is ambiguity of given definitions when it comes to
implementation in EDA tool.
The Bird does not seem to be logically complete (does not cover all cases, such
as Time domain and Statistical flow), or does not provide all necessary
parameters affecting the results (such as either giving frequency content of Tx
Gaussian jitter, or making it defined as white uncorrelated jitter, etc.)