[ibis-macro] Re: Comments on BIRD 121 (Data Management)

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 'IBIS-ATM' <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 23:05:52 +0000

Walter,

Thanks for the explanation.  So if I may say it with my
own words, aside from using absolute paths, the simulator
can make any existing directory the working directory, and
then just pass a path relative to that as the DLL_Path
parameter to tell the DLL what its location is.  The DLL
should then be able to find any of its supporting files
which are below that directory.

The DLL would either look for those files with hard coded
relative paths, or using other Model_Specific AMI parameters
which contain paths relative to DLL_Path (the DLL's location).

But there should be no AMI parameters in the .ami file which
contain relative paths based on assumptions about what the
current working directory is, such as the location of the top
level netlist, or the location of the AMI DLL, or what have
you.  Correct?