[ibis-macro] Comment on Format BIRD

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "IBIS-ATM" <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 14:07:39 -0700

Walter,

I looked at your Format BIRD and have a few comments.

I would prefer to put this statement:

"| 3. Throughout the section, the use of the keyword Format is
optional."

Somewhere on pg. 140, not pg. 141 as you suggest.  I would
also change the wording of it slightly, because the optionality
of Format is in the .ami file, not so much in this section of
the specification...

Also, on pg. 140 we have his line:

| Format: (default is range)

If Format is optional, can it really have a default value?
Well, what is really the logic here?  If Format has a
default, that implies that we are not required to have
Value, or Range, or List, etc... after it because the
default is Range.  On the other hand, if we make Format
optional than the Value, or Range, or List, etc... shouldn't
be allowed to be optional.  So something needs to be said
about this in the spec in the middle of pg. 140.  Can you
find a good way to write that?

While we are at it, shouldn't Gaussian, Dual-Dirac and
DjRj be lees indented, i.e. lined up under Value, Range,
List, etc...?